DIY Light Switch Cover | Scissors & Thread
When I heard about the new DIY series ‘Do It Gurl’ by Gurl.com, I was intrigued & excited! Y’all know I love finding new anythingDIY, so I clicked through to see what was on offer. It did not disappoint!
The first post by the adorable Brit is a decorative light switch cover. Click here to see Brit’s great tutorial and then of course bookmark the site so you can check out the new DIY each week! This fab DIY inspired me to make over my own light switch cover too!
**Hopefully these DIYs inspired you too, and to help you create your own fabulous DIY, Do It Gurl is giving away a $25 gift card to a lucky reader! Just reblog this post by FRIDAY 23rd MARCH and you will go in the running to win! (Sorry, only for US readers!)**
OK, now onto the project!
What you will need:
- Decals of your choice
I bought my decals from Cheap As Chips (a $2 store in Oz) though you can of course get super cute decals from Etsy, craft stores, etc.
- A cleaning cloth
I’m not super comfortable taking the switch plate off the wall (me and wires do not mix!) so I worked on my plate on the wall. As I said, my plate was very dirty. I debated showing you the before, but um…. yeah, no. So here is the cleanish version! If you look closely you can see I wasn’t very careful with the paint brush. Make sure your switch is clean and dry before you start or your stickers won’t stick.
Cut out your stickers. This will make it easier to place them on your plate. If you aren’t comfortable with ‘free sticking’, trace your switch plate and do a layout of where you want your stickers to go first.
Start sticking! If you chose to do the ‘free sticking’, try moving the shape around a bit before you decide on a place. I wanted mine to look like wallpaper, so I cut some of my stickers in half to place near the sides. Try not to stick your stickers over your switches as it will move around when you turn the light on and off. You can instead cut out the switch shape from the sticker so it flows around it.
You’re done! Enjoy your new, gorgeous light switch!
- rainbowfallout likes this
- pimseeu likes this
- meetfandom likes this
- mycrazylovstory likes this
- decoded2012 reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- apostrorari likes this
- shalinha likes this
- fancywonderfullife likes this
- batknee likes this
- geenextdoor likes this
- improvisedsurvival reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- icekissed likes this
- icekissed reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- my-tangled-simplicity likes this
- aligirlxx likes this
- we-tigerrs likes this
- blaackbird likes this
- tue-sday reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- im-sorryformy-existence likes this
- toya21 reblogged this from scissorsandthread and added:
- kween-kreep likes this
- daenerysborgia likes this
- love--spell likes this
- randomdandiees reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- vanallesennogwat1 reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- hebner likes this
- mein-name-julia likes this
- matinlapin likes this
- dearesthummingbird reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- gourmeteyes likes this
- madeofsun13 likes this
- robogirl111 likes this
- rachelam9 likes this
- briar-monica likes this
- karooon likes this
- simplympalm reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- kvcoope likes this
- diyblog reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- 90smusicrocks reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- pung-pung likes this
- wasarana reblogged this from dizzymaiden
- immissstrong likes this
- sweethoneymoo likes this
- fashionviewbyjelske likes this
- ideasforthehungry reblogged this from scissorsandthread
- madsta4212 likes this
- allanamay likes this
- gummyyworm likes this
- cantarellagirl likes this